Saturday, October 29, 2022

From the Archives - 5

Due to the fact I started painting superheroes long before I started this blog, some of the stuff I painted has never been featured here, which is something I'm looking to remedy as I sort out my collection at bit better.

Liz Sherman: When painting my BPRD stuff, I went for stark shading and highlights, to evoke the art style of Mike Mignola, and I like the results even if it doesn't precisely match my other heroes and villains. Heroclix. 

V: One of my very first superhero conversions, V was done for my first big display game, so that I had four "Indy" characters for players to choose from. I'm pretty happy with this one, but one day I'd like a mini more like the film version. Converted Carnivale. 

The Thin Man: Man, I used Weird World War II gaming as an excuse to paint lots of heroes back in the day. I don't think Thin Man ever got used in a game, but turned up on a few display tables. Heroclix. 

 
Baron Blood: Another Weird Wars piece, I decided to give him a red scheme rather than purple as it was a little more pulpy. Don't let the pictures online scare you off Baron Blood, the mini is actually pretty nice with a good sense of movement. Heroclix. 

Black Manta: This version of Manta comes with a trident that was pretty much always bent, so I replaced it with some Dark Eldar blades to evoke his funny sword/knife thing from the comics. I need to do more games with this guy, he's a fun character. Heroclix. 

Deathstroke: I used to not be happy with the more pastel shades on this figure, but as I see more and more dark and dirty versions of Slade for Batman Miniatures Game, I'm glad he has a more Silver Age finish. Heroclix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment