Thursday, January 5, 2023

From the Archives - 9

Lead Capes will be moving to Tuesday and Friday posting for the time being.

I'm writing this in late March 2020, just as my State Government is about to put us all on lock down for coronavirus. I'm putting that here because I want to look back when it's all over and remember that I kept busy, even if it was just adding to the endless backlog for this blog.


Piloswine: I'm not sure where this one came from, can't remember buying it at all. I really don't even have much idea which game this Pokemon is from. It's an Ice type, I think? Toy. 

Roselia: From watching the anime and playing the games, you'd be forgiven for forgetting that most Pokemon are quite small. Not including the rock she's sitting on, Roselia is around 4mm tall. Toy. 

Leafeon: Another "Eevelution", this one after the application of a Leaf Stone. Toy.


Trapster: AKA "Paste Pot Pete", I first came across this character in late 1990s Spider-Man comics, where he has a completely different look and is trying to get himself back together to go straight. I really like that interpretation of the character and hope I can find the matching figure at some stage. Heroclix. 

Glaceon: Is there an Ice Stone? Is that how this one works? I'm not sure, as my days of keeping up with Pokemon games are long gone. Toy. 

Whirlwind: A classic Marvel villain for those who grew up watching the 1990s Iron Man cartoon on the "Marvel Hour of Power". Sure, he's usually more competent than that cartoon would have indicated, but still a nice punching bag for many heroes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment