Friday, March 22, 2024

Miniatures Finished: Beasts of No Nation

It can be a lot of fun to paint some non-human miniatures sometimes, as there are fewer limits on what can and can't be done. Superheroes have plenty of monstrous villains, so finishing one off occasionally is a fun way to break up a bigger painting run.

Rocksteady: I finished Beebop years ago, so taking so long to get to his partner is almost a little embarrassing. I went for a colour scheme similar to the old toy, but a little more muted. Heroclix 

Leatherhead: I got this for free when we were cleaning out the old store and thought it would make a good version of the classic TMNT baddie for those gaming in the 32-35mm Batman/Crisis Protocol scale. he has since been converted into a 54mm mutant for Inquisitor. Privateer Press 

Copperhead: Having painted plenty of orange and green over the years, this figure came together really fast. When chipping away at the lead mountain, I've found these "easy wins" are a great way to stay motivated. Heroclix  

 

Etrigan: I was going to be clever and put this section entirely in rhyming verse, but I'm tired right now, so you miss out. Heroclix 

Serpieror: I've had this for years, from back in the days when I played the Pokemon TCG, actually and only just got around to painting it. I used to use these Pokemon as various Squigs in Gorkamorka, now they get to play with my superheroes. Toy 

Lobo: The main man! I had a Heroclix Lobo, but he was smaller than a lot of my other characters, so I hunted around and found this version, which is much better. Knight Models 

No comments:

Post a Comment