Friday, July 23, 2021

EDF III Vs Wave III

Been busy ticking through the 6mm Soviets because I have so damn many of them and was sick of looking at the bare metal. They're pretty easy to paint and it feels good to break up the more complex minis that can sometimes take hours. 

SU76 76mm SPGs, with converted loader to denote unit leader. Been thinking about rules for Kaiju, and only large guns like these and bigger will be able to affect the Kaiju, but probably more of an annoyance than actual harm. 

The Spaceship came in a box with a Kaiju I'm yet to paint, and I picked up the Russian Revolution Armoured Cars to fit in a bit better with a "Weird Wars" concept, but I figure for Kaiju, they house flame-throwers and are for tacking the Kaiju Spawn. The Spaceship will likely house a team of "Teenagers with Attitude" at some stage. 

Similarly the jet came with a Kaiju kit and looked enough like a MIG-15 that I reckon I can get away with it. For an extra 'Weird Wars" vibe, check out these T-80s! I'm a little disappointed in them and may retire them soon, as my IS-2s are about the same size. 

 Here another finished Annihilation Wave Nightmare demonstrates just how small the 6mm looks next to big monsters. 10mm would probably be a better scale for the Kaiju, but I already had the Soviets and I don't mind the scale being exaggerated to make the Kaiju look even more dangerous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment