Friday, June 25, 2021

Miniatures Finished: Goons and Thugs

I have a large collection of generic thugs and goons for gaming, twenty to be exact, which makes a nice big group or several smaller ones, depending on the game being played. When first putting together my Ultimate Alliance display game[s], I just grabbed every suitable miniature I could find and painted them up, because time was a major factor. Now that I have enough "essential" pieces for superhero wargames, I find myself focused more on factors like storage, transport and functionality. 
Simply put, given that these thugs tend to be one-hit throwaway antagonists in the first encounter of the game, having a large box of heavy, metal miniatures that are too easily chipped and bent. Much like my generic Zombies, I've decided to convert all of the thugs over to plastic and just throw them in a box. Step one, paint the last few to reach twenty. Now done.


Some metal goons now destined for other things. 
Reaper, Copplestone, Void, converted Reaper, Copplestone 
 
More metal. 
Reaper, Reaper, Reaper, Void, Void 
 
These Droogs I'll actually be keeping for Brutal games. 
OOP from Fiendish Fabrications. 
 
My first batch of plastic goons. I realised that I had a whole lot of Heroclix and plastic heads and weapons left over from other kits. With a little work and a repaint, they come together nicely. Also, if I need any more, they're really cheap, much more so than metal miniatures. Look forward to more plastic goons soon. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment