Thursday, September 24, 2015

WIP: Meet the Anachronauts

After reading Avengers Forever, I was struck with how cool Immortus' Anachronauts looked on the page. As a "Keeper of Time", Immortus has created an army of the greatest soldiers and warriors in human history to command. Seeing WWII GIs, Roman Legionaries and Napoleonic Infantry fighting side-by-side was really cool and a great visual contrast to the heroes themselves. I had a vague plan of heading down to Eureka at some stage and asking Nic for a mixed 10 of historical 28s, but then I realised I had a few things kicking around in plastic. Struck with this idea, I wanted to see how far the team could be pushed in Plastics. 

I scavenged what I could out of my Bits Box[es], then went begging to friends for some loose minis, and this is what I've come up with so far. 

 Fuzzy-Wuzzy, Pirate, War of Spanish Succession and English Civil War.
 Napoleonic Russian, Dark Ages Archer, Zulu Wars British.
Samurai and Desert Rat. 

At this stage, I still need at least one more miniature, preferably a Legionary or Hoplite, but the great thing about this project is that there's no real limit to how many Anachronauts I can do. I'm hoping to keep them all in plastic, but I'll see how things go. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment