Friday, December 4, 2020

Miniatures Finished: 24/07/18

Winter is really quiet at my store, so plenty of painting is happening in my copious downtime.  Customers actually react really positively to seeing me do hobby work for the most part, many being familiar with some form of table top gaming or scale model building. The most amusing part is when I mention I'm painting superheroes and people get interested, but I'm no longer painting any heroes that most people would recognise. Sure, I love Calendar Man, but I have great taste and not everyone does.

Venom: I had a repainted and converted Venom from the Marvel Superheroes Heroscape set, but he was a little small, so I finally rebased this monster from Heroclix. 

Calendar Man: I was glad to find a Heroclix version of the Hush outfit for Calendar Man, but I decided to go with the traditional orange prison jumpsuit to tone in with other characters I've painted. 

Count Nefaria: Great villain, terrible colour scheme to paint. I'm actually more familiar with the character of Nefaria from the Bendis Moon Knight comics than classic Iron Man or X-Men, but I needed some more powerful villains. Heroclix.

 
Machine Man: Only three more members of Next Wave to paint! And now I have a Fin Fang Foom, I feel a scenario coming on. This Heroclix came badly bent, so I had to improvise with his arm, pretty happy with the result. 

Puar: Yes, after painting Super Sayian Goku, my next Dragon Ball miniature is naturally Puar. A friend picked up a few model kits of Dragon Dall vehicles, one of which featured Yamcha and Puar; Yamcha was partially molded into the seat, but Puar sits up by herself nicely. Ban Dai. 

Lizard: Sometimes I can't believe some of the characters I haven't gotten around to painting in all the years I've been doing this, Lizard being right up there with my being such a huge Spider-Man fan and all. Heroclix. 


2 comments:

  1. They look great! Machine Man is the last of the Nextwave team I need to paint to complete my set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I was doing well getting the Nextwave team done, but I stalled out, really should get back to it.

    ReplyDelete