Friday, May 28, 2021

Miniatures Finished: EDF/Wave 2

So I've had some Kaiju stuff slowly accumulating for a little while, as well as a box of micro-armour WWII Soviets that technically belongs to my dad, and I figured that I may as well get working on both at the same time. Although I plan for my Kaiju games to be mostly about giant monsters and robots beating each other up, any good Kaiju film has the armed forces blazing away ineffectually with conventional weapons. 

Also got my hands on some more parts for my Annihilation Wave bugs, which work great in 28mm as small bugs or in this scale as some kind of Kaiju spawn, like the Legion from Gamera. I'm no longer entirely sure that I'll be playing any Firefight with the army, but they should find their way into other games pretty quickly.


First batch of Soviets. 
 
Katyusha trucks provide devastating rocket support. 

First Soviet Infantry Platoon finished. 
 
The GW Tyranid Rippers make good monsters in this scale. 
 
"Scale Neutral" is fast becoming a watchword in this hobby. 

Most of the infantry for this project will be pretty standard Late War Soviets, but keep a eye out for some 'weird' units and other fun additions as I get to them, and of course, the Kaiju themselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment