Friday, May 14, 2021

Miniatures Finished: Latverian Aufklarer Squad

As I've discussed before, I made myself a Latverian army for the West Wind "Weird" World War 2 game Secrets of the Third Reich [SOTR], as an alternative Axis force that would enable me to play games against both allied and axis opponents. The rationale being that Doom and signed on with the Axis to begin with, but when Hitler's lack of stability started to show, he struck out on his own, utilising superior Latverian technology to even the odds against larger countries. The army is a combination of converted Wargames Factory Greatcoat Troopers and Heroclix for the most part, once I'm happy with the bulk of it, I'll get some full army shots taken. 

This Aufklarer (Scout) Squad has been sitting undercoated but unpainted in a figure case for a couple of years, so it was about time I got it done.


In SOTR, an Aufklarer squad totals six members, of course, I did all of the extra options. 
 
Squad NCO with Radio and two Scouts with Assault Rifles. 
 
Panzerschreck RPG and Anti-Tank/Mech Rifle options. 
 
 Flame Throwers. 

I used to play a bit of SOTR at my local club, but the rulebook is poorly laid out and has a few inconsistencies, so people slowly stopped playing to avoid the arguments. I'm really hoping West Wind get around to a second edition sooner rather than later so I can break out the Latverians and British again, maybe even get around to building that Chinese Partisan army I keep thinking about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment