Friday, January 15, 2021

Miniatures Finished: 08/08/18

It feels like forever since I've painted anything for a deadline, but I did find myself slapping coats quickly onto Vanisher below for my first game of Super Mission Force. I didn't use him in the end, but sometimes a bit of motivation is good for getting the obscure characters done.

Alfred Pennyworth: I would have preferred a miniature that looked like Michael Caine or Alan Napier, but finding this in a booster was a bit of fun. I'm tossing up on doing a Batcave for the hell of it, but I feel like that would necessitate an Avengers Mansion at some point. Heroclix. 

Baron Munchhausen: Mostly completed for my French Revolution Campaign, the Baron is also a classic hero in his own right and belongs in your Supers collection. This figure was actually a lot of fun to paint, if you can grab one, I'd highly recommend it. Eureka Miniatures. 

Robocop: I'm waiting for someone to have the gumption to sculpt and release a whitemetal or resin Robocop in heroic 28mm; no, the Nexus one doesn't count as it was never officially released (I tried several times to get one) and the whole clustercuss that was Nexus. Until that day, this one will have to do. Converted Wizards of the Coast Star Wars Miniature.
 

Vanisher: I only know the character from old reprints of silver age X-Men, but apparently he's had something of a revival in recent years. As mentioned above, this was a bit of a quick job, but the Games Workshop glazes give great results with little effort. I know many older wargamers a resistant to start using GW products again, but the effect and technical paints are well worth checking out. Heroclix. 

Ghost: After seeing Ant-Man and The Wasp, I kind of had to paint up a ghost. I had to dig one out as I've used a few for conversions here and there, hence him being a bit wonky from being in a pile of old clix. Heroclix. 

Mewtwo: Not explaining my enjoyment of Pokemon again here, really glad to finally have a Mewtwo to game with. I'm hoping for a version without The First Movie power armour at some point, but this will do for now. Gashpon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment