Friday, January 29, 2021

Miniatures Finished: Lords of Time

I've had a few minis sitting partly painted on my work table for quite a while, but have recently managed to finish them up. Mostly as an exercise in clearing space for minis that I need to finish to complete entire teams. Unless I've had an event to prepare for, I've tended to have a "scattergun" approach to my Superheroes, a habit which I'm finally getting out of.

The (1st) Doctor: I'm not super happy with the model, it's a little tall and the Sonic Screwdriver doesn't fit this incarnation of the character, but I'm aiming to have all eight Doctors done first for a game I want to run. Ironclad Miniatures 

Brigadier Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart: Can't do any Doctor Who gaming without one of the best companions ever. When I can, I'll get some UNIT troopers so that I can do some fun mashup games like UNIT versus Skrulls. Crooked Dice. 

The (8th) Doctor: I enjoy the 1996 Doctor Who television film more than most, but the 8th Doctor really shines in the New Adventures Novels and Big Finish Audio Drama, both of which I'd recommend checking out. Crooked Dice. 

 
Manchester Black: I haven't read the comics, but the Superman Vs The Elite animated film is one of my favourite Superman films, so I had to have a Manchester Black. Heroclix. 

Immortus: To go with my Anachronauts and menace my Avengers, I kind of had to have the Master of Limbo. I also am developing some kind of "Stockholm Syndrome" when it comes to painting miniatures with terrible colour schemes. Watch out, my next army will be green and orange or something. Heroclix. 

Hawkman: Years back, I promised to take another swing at this miniature. I finally did. Much happier now. Heroclix. 


No comments:

Post a Comment